Wednesday 21 November 2012

Torphichen singing and planning

A couple of weeks later, I was invited to join the Schola at the Mass in the Preceptory of the Knights of Malta. There were two Knights and a couple of Dames.
It was daunting because I couldn't read the music and knew only a few of the melodies. It didn't help that I had the only photocopy with blank pages. We sang from the middle of the old church, the acoustics were wonderful.

Click photos to enlarge

A strange story: I decided to take a crucifix from home because I felt that the one at Cambuskenneth was too small. Then I changed my mind. Just before I left the house I went back in and put the cross in my bag anyway. It was used in the Mass.
My dad made the Corpus when he worked in a foundry

At the end of Mass, it turned out that each organiser thought that the other one was bringing the Crucifix, neither had. So my old cross was the only one to be had.

I spotted an old acquaintance from university, Gerry Warner, now working as a journalist. He has been recognised by the Lord Lyon as 'Gerald Warner of Craigenmaddie'. This is now his legal name.


He is on the left.



Afterwards Alan and I did some planning in the Torphichen Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment